Powders & Grains, 5-9 July 2021
P&G 2021: Last deadline for paper submission
(Announced on: September 30, 2020)
Due to a number of requests, the Editors of the proceedings of Powders & Grains 2021 have decided to concede a last postponement in the deadline for paper submission. The new deadline is November 30, 2020. Your contributions are welcomed. Please, visit the Author Area.
P&G 2021: New deadline for paper submission
(Announced on: August 27, 2020)
The Editors of the proceedings of Powders & Grains 2021 have extended the deadline for paper submission. The new deadline is October 9, 2020. Your contributions are welcomed. Please, visit the Author Area.
P&G 2021: COVID-19
(Announced on. July 2020)
In view of the current pandemic, the organizers of P&G 2021 want to bring some information to our community regarding plans for P&G.
We understand colleagues have to plan ahead for their participation in conferences and these are uncertain times with respect to international flights and large gatherings. We are still planning for a face-to-face meeting. However, we cannot be certain at this time if this will be possible in July 2021. These are the main points that you have to keep in mind for your participation in P&G 2021.
- Proceedings go ahead following the original timeline. Please, keep an eye on the call for papers and deadlines for submission.
- We plan to make the decision as to whether P&G 2021 will be a face-to-face event or a virtual conference (or a combination of both formats) in November 2020. You will then still have time for registration at the lowest fee.
- Fees will be appropriately reduced in case of a virtual conference.
POWDERS & GRAINS
The goal of Powders & Grains 2021 is to share the state of the art in the physics and micromechanics of granular media. Powders & Grains is an international scientific conference held every four years. It distinguishes itself from other meetings on granular materials by: a) the mixture of disciplines, b) single session talks, and c) refereed conference papers published online before the meeting. Past meetings were hosted at Clermont-Ferrand (1989), Birmingham (1993), Durham (1997), Sendai (2001), Stuttgart (2005), Golden (2009), Sydney (2013) and Montpellier (2017).
Buenos Aires is the capital city of Argentina next to the La Plata river, a hub to connect to all touristic destinations in South America. It offers a variety of attractions with many cultural and recreational activities: architecture, music, poetry, museums, theaters, bookshops, cafes and bars. You can discover the history of the rise of the new world since the arrival of the first Spanish conquerors, the revolution and independence, and the new incipient vindication of the native population after two centuries of dominance of western culture. Enjoy tango, a world-class music and dancing style born in this city in the beginning of the last century.
CONFERENCE TOPICS AND THEMES
• Trending topics in granular matter: texture, jamming, shape effects, network analysis
• Rheology and constitutive modeling
• Industrial applications: powder processing, agricultural and food science, pharmaceutics, mining and energy production
• Geomaterials: soils, rocks, concrete
• Granulars in geology and the environment
• Particle properties
• Multiphase systems containing granulars
• Particle-based methods